Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Food Fight AKA a battle of the wills


Zak & Sonic....need I say more. We have a love hate relationship around here with Sonic. Oh the fun drive in atmosphere, the amazing drink concoctions and the better than average burger. Zak's favorite happens to be the foot long chili cheese dog. I know, terrible for you food, but every once in a while it is a fun treat. Tonight Zak got it into his 11 year old brain that he wanted Sonic for dinner, and that is what we should have. It was an off night, activities, errands and running around. We didn't sit down together like normal and no one ate the same thing. Since Dan and Zak hadn't had dinner yet he thought they should go get Sonic. Dan wasn't in the mood, and it was getting late so Sonic wasn't even offered as a choice. Well Zak wasn't thrilled, he can be quite stubborn at times and decided he wasn't going to eat if he couldn't have Sonic. What? Was I actually witnessing my son revert in actions to 2 year old behavior? I was, and it wasn't pretty. I know he is only 11 but he is usually very mature, and to see this behavior over not getting the food he wanted was hard to watch. Dan said fine, don't eat and left it at that. Eventually Zak fixed himself PB&J but it was much later. I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry, I mean really, Sonic? What was this really about? I'm still not sure but I want to know how to turn that kind of determination(aka stubbornness) onto something productive. Maybe dangle a chili cheese dog out in front:)
photo: Zak goofing around

No comments: