Monday, February 9, 2009

A productive weekend


We had nothing planned for the weekend, the calm before the storm so to speak. No commitments, no plans, no swim meets, no gymnastic meets, absolutely nothing. And I couldn't have been more thrilled about it. So while Mr. G. and I were discussing this last week we decided to tackle a project we have been wanting to accomplish for quite some time. Built in bunks for the boys room. They have a nice little alcove that provided the perfect spot to build in the bunks. So after some discussion over how the bunks should look and how they should be constructed for the most strength, Mr. G. headed over to get the lumber. I was a little skeptical about how much we could complete this weekend (and when I say we I really mean Mr. G. with my help when he calls). I have to say I plead my case to get it finished because we will be away the next 3 weekends and I didn't want the boys to have to live in chaos for too long. I am so pleased with how it turned out. The bunks are 95% finished with just some trim work to finish. Mr. G. will work on that tonight and the painting to be done. The beds look awesome and the boys are thrilled. They are big enough for a double mattress with room at the end of the bed for their own little space. I think they were very happy, I know I was. Thank you Mr. G., you really are Bob Villa after all. Now to dream up the next project.....

No comments: