Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A month of Thanksgiving

Halloween is over and the Christmas decorations are already up????  Don't get me wrong I love Christmas, I am a planner and have been planning Christmassy things for weeks BUT what happened to Thanksgiving?   Zak was in such a mood because of all the Christmas hype already.  I love to start shopping and crafting early but to walk in a store the day after Halloween to hear Christmas music playing is a bit ridiculous. So we are going to try and focus on the here and now of this season.  The leaves are changing and starting to cover the yard, I have been working on putting the garden to bed and there is a definite chill in the air.  I am going to make a conscious effort to look for the beauty in the everday and feel the blessing of it.  The children and I will be looking for all those lovely things to be grateful for and add them to my gratitude list. We will open our eyes to see the blessings all around us and pray a prayer of gratitude




So I will start off with a heartfelt gratitude for sweet little blond girls in bright yellow tutus with ringlets I want to put my hands in.  Little miss Madi is such a sweet little bug who gets funnier everyday.

.. the end to a fun soccer season, played with cousins and friends(when we didn't get rained out:)

No comments: