Friday, June 12, 2009

quiet evening


I am sitting on my screened in porch as the air starts to cool. It was a hot and humid day but now the air is blowing and it has cooled off nicely. Baby girl is in bed. Daddy took the 4 biggers to a special treat of a drive in movie. The first Friday of summer deserved a special outing. There aren't many drive in theaters around here anymore and they had to drive 40 minutes to get to the one closest, I know it will be worth it. It is so quiet here now. The birds are saying their goodnights and the crickets are starting to sing. The leaves are rustling in the breeze and it is so peaceful. I am watching the field awaiting the arrival of the lightning bugs. We haven't seen any yet this year and my littles are anxious for them to return. Sometimes when you look out over the field it looks like a million little fairy lights flickering. It is a magical sight. The little one growing inside me is kicking up a storm tonight. I saw the midwife this morning and everything is moving along as it should. I can't believe I am already 6 months along. Everyone is excited to have another little one in the house but for now I will sit here and enjoy the quiet.

No comments: