Monday, June 15, 2009

Thank you Jesus


I'll be honest, some days after everyone is in bed I am saying "Thank you Jesus we made it through today!" It feels like everything is a struggle, there is arguing and bickering at every turn. I am mediating between siblings constantly and I can't help but wonder where I am going wrong. Those days I pray I make it through without any real injuries, physical or emotional, among my little tribe. yesterday was one of those days. Nothing specific, just an overall chaos that seemed to settle in for the day. We had things to do at home but it was perfect weather and they could be outside to run amok but that didn't seem to help. I was supposed to be leaving this morning for the beach but I finally decided we needed to leave last night, maybe they were all just wound up to go. I packed the car, everyone gave Daddy loving and we headed off. Three hours later we arrived at nanna & poppa's beach house and the air cleared a little. It was close to bed time when we got here so everyone unloaded the car, put on p.j.'s and had a snack. I put everyone to bed, called my love to say goodnight and headed into bed myself. After a good nights sleep I am even more thankful we drove last night. I am thinking positively, today is a new day and with it will be new attitudes from the kiddos. At least I am praying, "Please Jesus, let there be new attitudes all around, including mine!" It will be a better day!
photo: Madi bug dripping milk on herself and giggling as we drove to the beach

No comments: