Saturday, September 27, 2008

Magical

The wonderful, magical world of miniatures....


My littles have always like to play with small toy sets, animals, cars, dolls that are tiny. Princess has her own doll house that lives in her bedroom. Monkey boy has always wanted to have the tiniest cars and action figures, Peter Pan being his favorite. They will play and imagine all sorts of possibilities for different scenarios. I myself have always had a love affair with the world of miniatures. My nan always had an elaborate Christmas village that we set up every year. Complete with roads and working streetlights. I would set it up as she directed me where to place everything for the most life like setting. Now I carry on that tradition with my kids, we put our village under the tree. And even though it is not as elaborate as hers the kids love it. Which brings me to today... Princess and I have some time alone while Bug naps in the afternoon and the others are still at school. She has the tendency to want to spend to much time planted in front of the TV. So we needed a "project" to work on together. I have been wanting to redo my childhood dollhouse for some time now so we brought it in from the garage.


My nan and pap gave me this lovely little cottage when I was around 10. It seems to have fallen into major disrepair. The family living here must have abandoned the cottage when it was moved to the top shelf in the garage. Apparently they didn't like the location. In fact they must have left the door open because it looked as if a little bird family was trying to make their home here.
After assessing the damage Princess declared " We sure have a lot of work to do!". She is quite right. Our little "project" will be to try and restore the little cottage to her former glory. And so the renovations begin.....








No comments: