Sunday, December 6, 2009

Winter's arrival


As I was working in the kitchen early yesterday morning I heard squeals of delight coming from upstairs. "It's Snowing !!" Max was yelling at the top of his lungs. I looked out the window and had to search the sky to see the few flurries that were making their way slowly to the ground. It didn't matter to him how little was falling he was just thrilled that he might get to go sledding. I tried to tell him as only a grownup would that it might not accumulate but he didn't want to hear it. I will be able to sled and play in it later today, he was certain. I continued working getting ready for our annual tree trimming, baking cookies, making food and more flakes started to fall. I couldn't help but be excited. The temperatures were hoovering around 34 degrees so the snow was wet and clinging to all the trees, it looked beautiful. Throughout the afternoon the kids were in and out, Max had to get the sleds out and he did play for a few hours outside. He was not happy when I called him in to get warmed up and to change. He begged to go out again even as the temperature dropped, he loves the snow.

We had a lovely evening with family and friends as we celebrated the start to the holiday season. Lots of yummy food and drinks. Kids running crazy around the house as the snow continued to fall. We ended up with a few inches but everyone made it safe to the party and home again. It was a wonderful time and the twinkly lights look magical with a snowy coat.

I am grateful for waking up this morning to a white winter wonderland, Max will be thrilled!

No comments: