Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!

It's early, the turkeys are in the oven and the casseroles are made and waiting to be baked. The smells are starting to fill the kitchen. I have cinnamon rolls ready to go in the oven when my tribe starts to crawl out off their warm beds. Oh to be snugly tucked up tight in our home together, the joy of it fills me up. No hurried agenda, no crazy schedule to attend to today, just good food, family and friends. All gathered round to be thankful, thankful for each other, our many blessings and a day spent together. I love thanksgiving. I love having it at my house. I love the preparations and cooking. There is nothing commercial about this holiday and it is so meaningful to me. I have tried to have an attitude of gratitude and when I do my world is so much brighter. I am undeserving of the many blessings God grants me daily and I am in awe when I take the time to recognize them all. So today as we gather I will try to write the memory deep into my soul, the sights, the smells, the people. It will go in my mental scrapbook of joy.
Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments: