Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Is it Wednesday already??


The day before Thanksgiving is always a rush around here. I am trying to keep up some semblance of clean and get the cooking started. The kids are running around and it is chaotic. I love every minute of it. I feel so blessed to be preparing for a Thanksgiving with my family and friends. We will have about 25-30 people here tomorrow. Not everyone will make dinner but all will make an appearance for dessert. My sister and mom came up this morning to help me get a handle on the toy room. And by get a handle I mean a major dunging out. Lots of black garbage bags made their way out of the toy room without to much fuss from the under 10 set. I stress the importance of black bags. I can't have them see the toys that don't make the cut in the fight for shelf space. We made huge strides, I still am longing for some more open space but I can only do so much in one day and making the food for Thanksgiving takes priority. So today I will bake the pumpkin, apple and cherry pies. Bake off the sweet potatoes for the casserole and make the filling. Keith will come later to help with some of the cooking. Bird had practice from 1-6 and Einstein has swimming this evening. A busy day but a full and satisfying one. I am so blessed, in so many ways and today I will focus on all of the blessings in my life BIG & small. I tend to get a little emotional and nostalgic around the holidays and it is starting already. So before I start blubbering all over the place I will head back into the kitchen for some more fun.

No comments: