Tuesday, November 25, 2008

NYC



Last Saturday Mr. G. and I took the big kids on a bus trip to New York City. My parents, my sister and 2 of her kids plus my brother, his wife and their son went too. It was so much fun. The weather wasn't great at first, pouring down rain actually, but it cleared up after a few hours. It wasn't bitter cold so I was happy. It was Einsteins first trip into the city. Just the ride in was an experience for him. So much to see. We wandered around the city for awhile and did a little shopping. We had to stop at American Girl to pick a little something up for Princess. We had lunch at the Brooklyn Diner. Sooo good!! We ate so much but it was so good. We even tried dessert, the cheesecake was out of this world. Then we walked through Rockefeller Center. The kids wanted to watch the ice skating, it was more like water skating because of all the rain. After that we went to Radio City Music Hall to see the Rockette's Christmas Show. The tree in the foyer was amazing. It was made from crystal ornaments and the sparkle was just stunning. The show was fabulous as well. Once the show ended we had to walk a few blocks to go back to the pickup spot for the bus. We found a deli along the way to get bagels for the ride home. It was a lovely day. There is so much to see just walking down the streets. The people, the sounds, the smells, the traffic. It is an experience that every child(country mouse) should have while they still have that sense of wonder. I was so glad we took the bigger two for some alone time. A precious commodity in our house. I spent the bus ride reading the second book in the Twilight Series. I read the entire ride with my little light on. A perfect ending to a great day.

No comments: