Sunday, November 23, 2008

overwhelmed

Why is it that some days even when I have it somewhat together, I feel so overwhelmed. Just swamped. Nothing out of the ordinary going on, no more than the normal chaos around here and no extra stuff. Today is one of those days. I will say that I like to come home after church on Sundays and stay home. Today we had other obligations. Fun ones, ones I wanted to attend, birthday parties for my niece then later dinner for my dad and sister. But it threw off my normal Sunday rhythm and put me into a little tizzy this evening. I have so much I am working on at the moment, lots of creative Christmas presents to finish. House stuff, trying to stay somewhat under control because we are hosting Turkey Day here. Some projects I want to get off to print this week before the big holiday rush. Just lots of details rolling around in my brain and my brain is starting a revolt. It has completely detached itself and is saying no, I am on strike. You will take the rest of the night off and go do something completely unrelated to any of it. I have been trying to fight it all evening and now I am done. I will start over in the morning with a better attitude and a few more calming breaths. So now I am off to steep in the tub with a tall glass of icy Fresca and a book. Maybe my brain will forgive me and go back to work in the morning....

No comments: