Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Christening




Maggie Mae was baptised on Sunday morning. It was such a lovely service. She was so good and alert through the baptism. She didn't even cry when the water was poured on her head. She just looked into the congregation like what are all you people looking at. She was a little angel. After the service we had everyone back here to the house for lunch. The menu consisted of party chicken, buttered egg noodles, salad with my version of Olive Garden's Italian dressing, carrot cake, coconut cake, brownies and other tidbits. It was the first time I had used my crock pot to keep noodles hot and it worked wonderfully. I put a little butter and a tiny bit of water in the bottom to keep the noodles moist. I was thrilled to have that crock pot trick to add to my arsenal. I love my crock pot!! Everyone seemed to have a nice time. Maggie was passed around between the relatives and cuddled by all. The other kids were very well behaved and very excited for Maggie. It was very sweet. I felt so blessed to have everyone there supporting Maggie and our family on her special day.


No comments: