Friday, January 29, 2010

Sweet memories

Yesterday I was getting the video camera ready to take to Carli's meet. As I was digging through the disks to find a blank one I had a pile that weren't labeled. So I decided to check this job off the list (you know, the list of things that need done at some point, when that might be is a mystery). I sat down with a sharpie and my computer to try and quickly scan through the disks to label them. What I saw stopped me in my multitasking tracks. There on the screen were my babies, still looking like babies. It took my breath away. I could here the little lisps in the speech of some and see the sweet little chubby faces. In the daily mess of life, time slips away so fast. The rate at which astonishes me when I stop for a minute to look around. As I sat here, eyes glued to the screen, I was so thankful for those sweet memories captured on film. I resolve to video more of those moments so years from now I can have the same joy I experienced yesterday. Sweet moments, sweet memories and a gratitude to big for words.

No comments: