Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Engaged


My word for 2010. Engaged. I want to be engaged in parenting, engaged in each moment, engaged in life. Fully present, soaking in every detail and memory being made. So many times I find myself not really in the moment. I'll be playing with a little one but making multiple lists in my head at the same time. I often find myself at the end of the day wondering what I really did that day. I run on autopilot to keep the house running and food on the table and everyone where they need to be. But by running on autopilot I often fail to stop and really listen or really see what is going on around me. This year I am going to try wholeheartedly to engage every day. Stop, look and listen to all that is happening around me, to all the blessings I have been given. Time is flying by so quickly with these dear little souls I have been blessed with and I want to soak it all up. The laundry can wait.....

No comments: