Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!!


Happy Happy New Year!! It's a new year although I didn't stay awake to see it in. Some days the need for sleep is just to great to ignore. We did have a fun filled New Year's Eve. We took the kiddos to the bowling alley from 2-5 for a New Year's party. They even have a countdown to the New Year at 4:00 for the kids. There were games, food and as much bowling as one could squeeze in for 3 hours. Max was in heaven. He loves to bowl and just danced around in pure delight. I can't quite remember an activity bringing him so much joy. We met friends and cousins there so that added to the fun. Dan and I even bowled a few games. It really is fun to do and it has been so long since we have gone. Maya and Madi liked rolling the ball with Dan's help. Zak tried to out do us with the most strikes. And Carli only bowled a few rounds, she's to cool for us:) No she had a bit of a headache she was trying to get rid of. After the party we headed to the store to pick up some shrimp and sparkling cider. Our tradition is to have steamed shrimp on New Year's Eve. We came home, jammied up and sat down to our feast. We opened up the game basket the kids received for Christmas and played a few games. Then the kids ran amok until I couldn't hold my eyes open any longer. We put the littlest 3 to bed and let the bigger 3 stay up to watch the ball drop. Unfortunately I couldn't keep my eyes open that long. I woke to kisses from the kids. What a wonderful way to bring in the New Year.

No comments: