Thursday, October 30, 2008

Cottage Update & ......



The roofers and painters have arrived. At first they thought it might take more time than expected until the suporvisor called for reinforcements. The new roof is on and the outside has a new coat of the loveliest pink. New white trim sets off the windows. There is much debate over the color of the front door. I painted it a red but it is not quite the red that I want so I decided to paint it black. Much discussion ensued from the hired (I mean bribed) help. So for now we are leaving it red. I am still searching for the right red. Now onto the inside. I have a new family who is very excited to take up residence in the cottage. They are hoping to be in for the holidays, I am hoping that too!



Then the other afternoon my kids were yelling from the back yard to come look. I always get a little nervous over that much screaming about coming to look. I ran out back to see a beautiful hot air balloon gliding right over the top of the house.
So I ran back inside to get the camera and put on the right lens and.... When I ran back out these were the only shots I could get. The balloon landed in a field not far from the house. It was very cool to see and the kids loved it. These are the moments that prove I should always have my camera hanging around my neck:)

No comments: