Thursday, October 2, 2008

Nesting

The weather has taken on a fall chill in the air. This morning I had to get up and run around closing windows. I could see my breath, just a little too nippy in the house for me. After I started the coffee I found the thickest, warmest pair of socks I could and donned them with a sweatshirt over the pajamas. A lovely sight I am sure. Once everyone was coerced out of their warm and toasty beds I had to beg them to get into their school clothes. No one was in to big of a hurry this morning. But with some gentle prodding they made it down the steps ready for another day. Walking to the bus stop I could smell that someone had lit their woodstove. That makes it official, autumn has arrived and I am quite excited about it.

With every change of season I have the urge to change things up around the house but so much more so with autumn. The chill in the air, the changing of the leaves, bonfires, caramel apples and pumpkins. All of my favorite things arrive and I like to get ready to enjoy them all. The house needs cozied up a bit. Blankets need to come out of storage. Shelves need cleaned off and organized. The pantry needs a little perking up. Flannel sheets need to be put on the beds. Little things I love so much that signal the arrival of my favorite season.

So today I will tackle the library. It needs a serious going over and rearranging. The books are falling off the shelves on the childrens end. Dust has settled a little to thickly on the mantlepiece. And it needs some fabric touches brought in for fall. I already shampooed the carpet yesterday so I just have to get motivated to tackle the shelves. I am still hunting for fabric to treat the windows, but I haven't found anything I love yet. I keep searching for the right fabric at the right price. I will have to be careful while organizing the books, Mr. G. gets a little touchy about his books but I think he will survive.



I took a few before pictures. Here is my mess and I am actually posting a picture. Oh my!

No comments: