Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A Handmade Holiday



I love handmade gifts. I love to give them. I love to receive them. Handmade gifts convey cozy, warm feelings that say "I care, I'm thinking of you, you are precious to me!" So in that spirit I have begun the task of putting together some handmade gifts. With the thrift drive in mind I tried to plan projects from the supplies in my craft closet. Because lets get real, everyone knows I have enough supplies for a lifetime of projects in my craft closet. There are so many projects I would love to accomplish for the holidays but I am trying to be realistic in how much time I actually have to craft. So as not to allow the house to fall into total disrepair I will have to pick and choose worthy projects. I have narrowed down the list to items which the recipient will be able to use in some way. Blank books, journals, art kits, story books featuring the recipient, hand knit dish cloths, luscious hair bows, fairy jars(not really useful but oh so lovely to look at), aprons in fun prints and yummy treats to eat. So as I pull together my Christmas Planner I am trying to make a workable time schedule. No last minute crafting at midnight for me. At least that is my goal. I will post snippets of completed projects as I complete items. Off to gather supplies....

No comments: