Monday, October 6, 2008

Monday Morning & Teething Baby

Oh my! I try to start off the week on a good note. No one wants to climb out of bed on a Monday and head back to school. This morning was no exception. I always start a little earlier on Mondays. It seems to take everyone a few extra minutes to get going. Bird is pretty easy to get moving although she seems to wake up with attitude. Today she was rattling on about how I didn't wake her up early enough, even though I started a few minutes earlier than normal. She's 12, sometimes I just can't win. I choose my battles. I will not tolerate fresh mouth but she will test me at times. She ate 1/2 off a banana. Only a half. I don't think I ever eat half of anything. Oh well off to school for her.


Next up are the boys. Einstein got moving without to much fuss but Monkey boy was not quite as nice. He has a hard time in the mornings. I had his clothes ready for him and help him get dressed. It smooths out some of his crankiness. Princess got dressed and headed down the steps to wait for breakfast. In the midst of all this Bug woke screaming, not a good start. This is so unusual for her that I knew something was not quite right with her. But no stopping progress now, everyone is dressed and fed and headed in the right direction for the bus and school. Bug and I drop Princess off at school and head home for some housekeeping, or so I thought....



I had quite a to do list planned for the morning but Bug had other plans. She couldn't be soothed unless she was in my arms. I soon discovered that she is cutting 2 new teeth. Poor girl! So I strapped her on in her sling(I love my sling!) and off we went to try and accomplish a few things. It didn't feel like I got a whole lot done but I did make some progress on my list. So here is my DONE list for the day, I like looking at it better than what is still on my TO DO: list.


DONE:

1. vacuuming downstairs

2. dusting downstairs

3. floors washed up and steamed

4. the front steps washed down (with yummy smelling Method Almond Wood Cleaner)

5. the kitchen put in order

6. 4 loads of laundry

7. bathrooms cleaned and sanitized(Boys are gross)

8. mirrors shined

9. snacks prepared

10. dinner prepped and ready for the oven

11. books read with Bug & Princess

12. a few rows knit onto Einsteins blanket.



Progress made considering Bug was strapped on most of the day. Snuggled close and comforted. I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: