Monday, October 6, 2008

Sunday Love

Today was one of the days I want to remember. Not because anything major happened but because it didn't. The morning started off cool but clear. After the normal craziness of trying to make everyone presentable we headed off to church. After church we came home. No plans, no errands, no running around, just home. That in itself is such a break from the normal pace of this family. Mr. G. headed outside to work on staining the new lattice he installed. Bug went down for her nap. Bird went with Aunt C. to do the walk for hunger for the local food pantry. Einstein invited a friend over to play and they occupied Monkey outside playing in the woods and being boys in general. Little Miss Princess floated around between outside with her daddy and with me as I puttered around the house. There is nothing quite as restorative as a lazy Sunday with not much that I have to do. I cleaned up some messes, did a few loads of laundry, read a few magazines and started on some Christmas presents.

As evening approached Mr. G. started a bonfire in the fire pit. It was the perfect weather for it, cool and crisp. We sat around together, the kids played on the play set. Bug loves the baby swing. We toasted marshmallows. Chocolate marshmallows! They were interesting. Not everyone was a fan of the chocolate marshmallows. I think I prefer plain ones as well.

We then took a ride over to the Diner for a little ice cream to end the evening. The kiddos had their bath and put on their jammies. Then stories and off to bed. They didn't go easily but I didn't care. I wanted the day to last a little longer as well. It was such a sweet day. I know sometime in the future(sooner than I would like) when the kids are screaming and we have to rush to be here or there I will be able to remember this day. Remember and breathe..... it is all so very worth it.

No comments: