Friday, October 10, 2008

Nature Walk



Tuesday after school I took the kiddos for a walk at a state park near our home. After the initial coercing of the little two that there was indeed some playground equipment even if it is just swings and a seesaw. With Bug in the backpack we set of on one of the trails.

The leaves are just starting to change and we picked a few off the ground to examine. Einstein had the camera and took the shots posted here. He is turning into quite the photographer and loves to use my camera.

I love to see his perspective and what he chooses to capture. I love the close up shots of the mushrooms and mountain laurel. We headed over to an area that has some huge rocks, perfect for climbing and adventure. Monkey boy was all over that

. Princess gingerly made her way up some of the smaller rocks to pose for pictures and look for fairy beds(moss). She is such a girly girl, I love it! We played on the swings and seesaw for a little before we headed home to have dinner. I actually had planned ahead and prepared yummy beef stew earlier in the day. It was happily bubbling away on the stove at home awaiting our return. We loaded up and headed home to meet daddy. It was a beautiful evening, the weather was perfect, the company was good and the food was great. But the best part was after dinner was finished and baths were had, Einstein came and found me to thank me for taking them to the park. He loved it and wanted to be sure I knew. Sooo sweet. Sooo perfect. Just the thing this mom needed. It is those little moments that burn themselves upon my heart and I am thankful.

No comments: