Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Vintage Housekeeper


I have joined The Vintage Housekeeper's Circle over at The Brocante Home and I am so very excited. I have been lurking around Alison's beautiful blog for quite some time now and I was so thrilled when she announced her Circle. She emails the most lovely ideas for bringing the beautiful home. Little touches and treats to make our homes so much more pleasing to those who reside here. It has been a week and I look forward to that little piece of lovely email each day. Alison's writing is compelling and honest. I love that she embraces the role of homemaker, because isn't that what we all long to be? A true home maker. A maker of all things lovely, cozy, beautiful and yummy at home. I know I do. I want to make my home in a way that creates memories for my husband and children. I want them to know how much I value, love and care for each one. I show them everyday by keeping the house, washing the laundry and cooking up something good to eat. My attitude as I go do these things is just as important as doing them. No, cleaning toilets is not my favorite thing to do by far but it blesses my family so I do it. By bringing little bits of loveliness to these everyday acts adds so much more contentment to my days. I want my daughters to realize that I am not trapped at home, I find joy here. I want my sons to see the importance of Mr. G. and myself setting the priority for me to be home. Home should be a sanctuary, not a 4 letter word. Even amid the daily chaos that tends to reign here I want my children to feel good about home, to feel safe and comfortable and most of all loved in this house. So I am proud to say I am a Vintage Housekeeper. I love being the homemaker. I love all of the modern conveniences available to me but I crave the simple life. I used to cringe when the question of what do you do?? would be asked. Why? I am not exactly sure besides the unenthusiastic responses when I would tell people that I am home with the kids. Oh, the wasted potential that is me... Please. I would rather call time my own and pour the best of myself and my creativity into my family and home. And the more I looked around, the more this Internet brings the world home I realized I am not alone. So many other ladies feel the same way. So many long for a simpler life and a vintage homemaker existence. I have found kindred souls and I am thrilled.

No comments: